Stunning new Rams

Discussion about dwarf cichlids from anywhere
MJDean

Stunning new Rams

Post by MJDean » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 pm

I scanned these photo's from an article in the Jan 2013 edition of Amazonas magazine. According to the article they're being bred by a guy in Germany and he calls them "Super Neon Blue Gold". I'd love to add some of these to my collection. Stunning fish.
Attachments
Rams 1.jpg
Rams 2.jpg

leisure_man

Re: Stunning new Rams

Post by leisure_man » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:29 am

That is the same as the "Gold Face Electric Blue" ram in the US with some photoshop effects. The features are basically the same. Gold head like the gold ram, and electric blue body like the "Electric Blue" ram. I have been breeding them for over a year now and they do breed true, hence a new color form. They look like gold ram when they are small, the 'blue' color develops later as they mature. The blue is also more of a 'powder blue' as compare to the electric blue. Check out the Wetspot Tropical website. You can see pictures from the AB auction here.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1356734113

leisure_man

Post by leisure_man » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 am

Here is the Gold Face Electric Blue ram that I have been breeding for over a year now. I guess the European names it the Super Neon Blue Gold ram instead.
The picture has not been photoshop at all and the forehead is really that red once they are fully mature.

Philippe Burnel
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Philippe Burnel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:32 am

Do you really believe that thes fishes are more beautifull than the the true rams ?

For me it's just terribly ugly

Gordon C. Snelling

Post by Gordon C. Snelling » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:45 am

Give me the wild type any day.

Philippe Burnel
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Philippe Burnel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:17 am

Gordon C. Snelling wrote:Give me the wild type any day.

This was not my question !!!
My question was : "are they more beautifull ?"

But I answer to you : if everybody buy this kind of horror (ram or anything else, such as Aulonocara redrubin) do you think it'll be easy to get wild morph (don't say wild fishes, only wild morph)
South east breeders produce theses fishes besause they can sell them easily. Don't buy them and ask for wild colors and they'll produce wild colors.
Ask them for rams with the US flag and they'll produce rams with the US flag !

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:23 pm

To each their own. At least they aren't a cross. I can see the appeal of these. They'll be big sellers. For being a man-made variety, they're very pretty. I don't see the wild type no longer being available as they are really pretty too.

dogofwar

Post by dogofwar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Exactly, Lisa - to each their own.

It's not as if "fancy" varieties of aquarium fish - line bred and hybrid - are anything new...or exclusively produced in Asia.

Matt

Crazycatlover

Post by Crazycatlover » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 am

Im new, sorry for long entry.
I personally think they ate beautiful fish altho I've not seen in flesh as yet. The wild morphs are more so lovely. I have a panoramic narrow tank of approx 80 litres housing 4 electric blues, 2 golds, about 16 neon tetras and a GBR (which is in separate tank at present) . Thru no intention of my own it seems a pair has been confirmed, an electric blue male is in love with one of my golden girls.
I assumed that the colours would stick together and it did not cross my mind they would even want to mix. But who am I to hold back true love..lol
They ae a lovely couple and its only been since researching to see if these mixes exist that I'm lead to writing this now.
Almost 2 weeks ago they were acting suspicious, in n out of cave, female chasing all others off and cleaning n prepping the area. Next morn I viewed newly laid eggs in cave, day after the male and female were sharing guard time in and out of cave. The next morning I noticed the eggs were gone, probably eaten as iv read is very common on the first couple o breeding attempts. Iv now added a few more caves, nooks, flat rocks and lush areas for them to choose from and have noticed this evening them checking them all out. Unsure where they will lay next but let's hope thy grow to free swimming and beyond. Looking forward to seeing how pretty they turn out.
Remember these fish aren't forced to pair up, i guess they simply clicked...lol
Will keep you in the loop. Lis
Attached pic is mum n dad to be.
Attachments
image.jpg
Blue male, gold female
image.jpg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 8692 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.81 KiB) Viewed 8692 times

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Sorry for the delay - I did not see this post being held back.

skerratt

Post by skerratt » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:09 am

Hi, I am new to the Golden Electric Blue Ram i have always had the blue ram or the bolivian ram and i know how to sex them but could someone help me sex my Golden Electric Blue Ram

Return to “Dwarf Cichlids”