Login issues for apistomaster, Admin please look!

Please post any technical issues with the forum here.
Blairo

Login issues for apistomaster, Admin please look!

Post by Blairo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:34 am

Hi,

I have been contacted by Larry (apistomaster) as he is having problems with the forum at present and is unable to log in, repeatedly getting the "invalid session, please try again" message.

Here is what he has tried:
1. Using Internet Explorer I can login but get the invalid session mesage when I try to submit.
2. Using Netscape I just can't even get the fields to enter my login info and they are yellow instead of white fields.
He also seems only able to post as a reply and is unable to create a new post (if he is even able to log in :lol: ).

I hope this issue can be resolved and I look forward to becoming a part of the community.

Thank you for your time.

Blair.

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:17 am

Has he tried clearing his cache? Then shutting Netscape and retrying?

From the parts of his account that I do see, I cannot see any problem with it.

Blairo

Post by Blairo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:45 am

Hi Lisa, thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure whether Larry has tried that or not, I'll send him a message and find out!

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

Post by PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:27 pm

it may also be worth him clearing all his cookies ( i've had similar problems elsewhere, and just deleting the site cookie doesnt allways work, when i've wiped them all, as well as clearing all the cache theyve worked)
Live in the UK?
Interested In Cichlids??
Then join the British Cichlid Association

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:46 am

This is Blair testing for Larry to see if it's an issue with his settings or the site....
Larry Waybright

Blairo

Post by Blairo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:53 am

Ok well I was able to log in, post within a thread and create a new thread (please delete!) using Larry's log-in so it must be a problem at his end.

He's tried all that's been listed above and still no luck, so does anyone have any bright idea's!?

Thanks,
Blair.

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

Post by PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:15 am

firefox :D
Live in the UK?
Interested In Cichlids??

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:49 pm

Maybe update or download some program like ad-aware or spybot? See if that clears some stuff up for him.???

Blairo

Post by Blairo » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:39 am

I think it's to do with his settings within his browser as he has the same problem with other sites, although those issues were resolved by switching browser. This site is proving to be particularly difficult for him :lol:.

Larry is sending his laptop off for diagnostics/service/repair next week so will have them look at it for him and see if the issue can't be resolved then.

I'm no techie so I wouldn't have a clue where to start, probably by chucking it out the window.

Thanks for your idea's and help in trying to resolve this! Hopefully Larry can let us know what it was when he gets it back...

8)

Blair.

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi,
This is my first chance to try posting/login from a another computer at a friend's house. We share the same ISP so now I will be able to help narrow down what I've done to the setting on my computer that is preventing acess and participation in the forum.

This is a test.

Larry Waybright
Larry Waybright

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:01 pm

Well that settles it. My laptop is not interacting the way I want. I will go home and soak it over night in one of my aquariums to wash the evil spirits from it.
Thanks to all the people who tried to help me.

Larry
Larry Waybright

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:52 am

testing
Larry Waybright

Blairo

Post by Blairo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:30 pm

Are you in yet Larry!?

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:06 am

Macafee and/orr some other settings are causing my problem. I disabled all I could to try to post this.
Larry Waybright

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:25 am

I am pretty unhappy with the way my protection blocks me. Even doing this I can't get infrom Internet Explorer M.Firefox. Only netscape after I leave myself wide open.
It is a problem with this site mostly.
planetcatish won't let me post using IE browser but it only started that after over 500 posts. Netscape works though and that is all with my Macafee turned on .
It pops up all these dire warnings that lightening will strike me down if I dn't switch them back on.
I registered and made my first posts hhere from Internet Explorer. Login field are black with yellow letters.
From Netscape and the fields are yellow and so are the login characters.
Polar Bear in a snow storm effect. I have to pretend the info is present and then hit submit and I'm in.
Pretty weirdhow I can start originally just fine with everything turned on but subsequent visits generate "invalid session" or invisible non login and invisible login depending on whether I strip the Antivirus/spyware stuff is on but ok when its not.
I must vist over 20 sites with forums which require login that works fine all the time except a few like this one.when I'm "protected" and PC..
Take most of the fun out out of everythinge
Larry Waybright

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:33 am

My last hope is the "experts" will find a way to configure my setting so I am adequately protected from malware and restore normal accessibility to all the feature of all the websites/forms I wish to participate on.
Larry Waybright

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:27 am

apistomaster wrote:Macafee and/orr some other settings are causing my problem. I disabled all I could to try to post this.
Hope you can work it out. Frustrating isn't it?

I have a decided dislike for McAfee personally. The few times I've tried it, it's screwed something up for me. :shock:

PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

Post by PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:10 pm

AVG has worked well for me, and its free. and i used zone alarmas a firewall.

using norton now as it was free (for a year) with this pc, but prefer the 2 above mentioned products
Live in the UK?
Interested In Cichlids??

apistomaster

Post by apistomaster » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:14 am

I have things working but I can only access using the Nescape browser.

The login fields come up yellow and so does the login text so it is invisible.

Only the curser moves across the fields letting me know the text is being entered..

Don't suppose there is anything I can change so I can see the text in the fields?

I still cant login using Internet Explorer except occassionallly which is what I used to register and make the first of my posts. If I login using IE somehow then when I hit submit I get "invalid session" error message. Please resubmit and stay in a loop if I repeat.
Larry Waybright

apistomaster

Re: Login issues for apistomaster, Admin please look!

Post by apistomaster » Thu May 07, 2009 10:57 am

This problem was resolved at least 18 months ago.
I now use firefox browser and everything is working just fine.
Thanks to everyone for your help.
Larry Waybright

Return to “Technical Issues and Problems”