Hello New Member - DISCUS

Discussion about discus
MDISCUS

Hello New Member - DISCUS

Post by MDISCUS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:04 pm

Dear All,

I would like to Thanks entire People out here to make n keep this group alive and rocking.

I would like to take opportunity to Wish All Cichilding Mary Christmas & Happy n Healthy & Peaceful New Year.

I am new in DISCUS world i wish everyone out here will share thier experiance and knowledge to grow n keep healty DISCUS.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

MDISCUS.

Lisachromis
Administrator

Re: Hello New Member - DISCUS

Post by Lisachromis » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Welcome to the forum Mdiscus.

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:05 am

Welcome and Happy New Year to you as well.

Since you are first time discus keeper I'd start by reading all the previous posts on this forum.

I'd also recomend reading waht ever you can find on keeping them using all the material you read as a guide (no one method is right in all cases). Look at the Degan and Wattley books or at any of these....http://www.amazon.com/My-Favorite-Discu ... U8QG8WT1EK

Good luck!

neohdiscus

Post by neohdiscus » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:32 am

Hello MDISCUS, here are a couple of good books I would recomend to anybody interested in keeping discus: Back to Nature Guide to Discus by Dick Au and Success With Discus by Jim E. Quarles both are straight forward ....but first and foremost I will echo what you will read here on this and any forum and in any good book BUY ONLY QUAILTY DISCUS ! ! ! and buy in a group of at least 6 of the same size the "color/style" doesn't matter just get at least 6 try to find a local dealer with a good reputation so you can see first hand what you are buying and only buy "good discus" the books recomended go over "what a good discus is" there are online sellers but I would recomend buying from somebody local for your first few purchases ( yes once hooked you will make many "buys" ) check with members of your local fish club they can be very vauable sources of info and local dealers also be carefull with discus from your local fish store "some" (not all) usually don't do a good job with discus just be cautious and look for good quaility discus some local fish stores do a great job on buying and selling good quaility discus

GOOD LUCK and welcome to the wonderfull world of DISCUS the" King Of The Aquairum"

susanspy

Post by susanspy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:28 am

hello all,

i am susan here, i am new to this post i just came into hi say all, please introduce your self to start conversation.

thnaks alot

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Return to “Discus”