Bleher's discus #2: missing USA history

Discussion about discus
Mark Smith
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Bleher's discus #2: missing USA history

Post by Mark Smith » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Heiko, I'm not sure how you can "keep up the good work" when you regularly contradict yourself and then stubbornly refuse to acknowledge any error on your part when clearly proven wrong.

stanman

Re: Bleher's discus #2: missing USA history

Post by stanman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:38 am

I want to add two additional points to my comments.

One, Mr. Bleher is right when he says I have not found an exact date for Carroll Friswold's work with the enamel pan/egg-yoke method of rearing fry before the 1968 publication date on his (Friswold's) book "Anyone Can Raise Discus".

Secondly, Mr. Bleher, as far as I know, is right to say that Jack Wattley was the first American breeder on a truly world-wide commercial scale to use the enamel pan/egg yoke method to raise his fry.

It was never my intent to upset anyone with my comments on a very very small part of Mr. Bleher's massive book. The American discus breeders of the 1950's and early 60's just hold a fascination for me for many reasons.

I hope everyone who reads this thread will take the opportunity to read Mr. Bleher's book(s). As I said in my very first post and repeated throughout the thread, it is a wonderful book containing a wealth of information that is almost too much to digest, it is so rich, wonderful and unique.

Best to All,

Robert

Return to “Discus”