Teleogramma brichardi

Discussion about cichlids from Africa other than Rift Lake
jharv67

Teleogramma brichardi

Post by jharv67 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:20 pm

Hi All,

I just got back into the hobby from several years back, and had always thought Teleogramma brichardi was a really neat fish. I never had the opportunity to see a live one in the shops I worked in though. Info on these fish is hard to find...just wondering if you guys know anything about the status of this fish in the hobby today, and if they are regularly available.

tjudy
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by tjudy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:31 pm

They are available frequently. Try http://www.rehobothaquatics.com.

Jason_S

Post by Jason_S » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:41 am

Yes, Toyin frequently has them. Also, I notice you are in central Indiana which is not far from me. Cool! :) There is also a guy in Cincinatti that sometimes has them. I got a pair from him but the female died shortly after I got them back. He told me T. brichardi are highly aggressive and even in the 150 wide he had them in they'd sometimes fight. He recommended giving them lots and lots of room even though they are a smaller cichlid. :)

coelacanth
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by coelacanth » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:42 pm

I have a male and female (I hesitate to call them a 'pair' yet...) in a 1 metre aquarium with a pair of Thoracochromis to keep them distracted.
They have a large pile of flat rocks, and are beginning to switch from outright hostility to occasional investigations of each other's territories.
They are in subdued illumination most of the time, and are feeding well on just about anything I offer them.
I think given them the option of staying out of each other's line of sight for extended periods is desirable, and ensure there are enough refuges so they can both take cover without being in close proximity.
I have found that they do enjoy very small snails out of my Daphnia tub, but I don't imagine that they could deal with anything too tough-shelled.

Return to “Other African Cichlids”