Kribensis just died

Q&A about diseases and their cure

Moderator: Pam Chin

VijaH

Kribensis just died

Post by VijaH » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:02 pm

This note is in regards to my other message about my Kribensis, the pulcher which seemed to be sick. This afternoon when my husband was cleaning out the tank she was barely moving, he checked to see if there were any spots etc but there was nothing. About 10 minutes later she floated to the top of the tank, dead. She had turned a dark brownish black colour all over her body, instead of the pink/purple stomach and white, tan and black colours she used to display. As I had mentioned for the past two weeks she hadn't been eating, and was hiding a lot more. She was also opening her mouth much wider than usual when breathing, she seemed to be struggling in that department.

If you have any suggestions as to what may have caused this, as I mentioned previously, there haven't been any changes in her environment since the end of January when we got the parrots and the live plants were put in the tank in December. The only other change, I can think of was that we got new vegetable flake food but that was in January as well.

Pam Chin
Site Admin

Post by Pam Chin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:45 pm

Hi VijaH,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is so hard to say what happened, it could be so many things. It is very hard to diagnose fish with out actually seeing them. And I hate to treat fish without knowning exactly what it wrong with them, since medicating with the wrong meds can sometimes do more damage then not treating at all.

Hopefully it is an isolated issue, and the rest of your fish will be fine.
Cichlid Power!
Pam

Cichlid Room Companion
Best Cichlid Site Ever
http://www.cichlidae.com