Specie trattati in questo articolo: Cardiopharynx schoutedeni
Type species: Cardiopharynx schoutedeni Poll, 1942
- Spindle-shaped body, more than 3 times as long as high (3.6-3.7). The profile of the head is slightly descending.
- Dorsal fin contains 12-15 hard-rays and 14-16 soft rays; anal fin contains 3 hard rays and 9-11 soft rays. Third ray in the ventral fins are elongated.
- Scales large with 36-38 scales along the longitudinal line.
- Two lateral lines.
- Lower pharyngeal bone heart-shaped covered densely with small bicuspid teeth.
- Outer teeth sub conic arranged in two rows.
- The color of the body is silvery, with the throat, edge of the pelvic fins and caudal fin being black in males. Black spot situated at the base of the dorsal fin.
- Total length 15 cm.
Species currently included:
Cardiopharynx schoutedeni Poll, 1942
Usumbura (Bujumbura), Burundi.
per avere accesso al testo completo...
Copyright 1996-2015 Juan Miguel Artigas Azas, All Rights Reserved