Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology publishes reviews, original contributions and commentaries dealing with quantitative empirical and theoretical studies in the analysis of animal behavior at the level of the individual, group, population, community, and species. The section "Methods" considers submissions concerning statistical procedures and their problems, as well as with problems related to measurement techniques.
Special emphasis is placed on ultimate functions and evolution of ecological adaptations of behavior, in addition to mechanistic studies of proximate cause.
Among aspects of particular interest are intraspecific behavioral interactions, with special focus on social behavior including altruism, cooperation and parental care; pre- and postzygotic sexual selection;kin recognition and kin selection, group structure, social networks; interspecific behavioral interactions including competition, resource partitioning, speciation, foraging, mutualism, predator-prey interactions and parasitism; signalling, behavioral ecophysiology, information processing and neuroecology; behavioral genetics; sociogenomics, behavioral plasticity and behavioral syndromes; dispersal and orientation in space and time; and relevant evolutionary and functional theory.
- Lehtonen, Topi K & B.B.M. Wong, P.A. Svensson, A. Meyer. 2010. "Adjustment of brood care behaviour in the absence of a mate in two species of Nicaraguan crater lake cichlids". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 65(n. 4), pp. 613-619 (crc03887) (摘要).
- Lehtonen, Topi K & B.B.M Wong, K. Lindström, A. Meyer. 2010. "Species divergence and seasonal succession in rates of mate desertion in closely related Neotropical cichlid fishes". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 65(n. 4), pp. 607-612 (crc03888) (摘要).
- Immler, Simone & M. Taborsky. 2009. "Sequential polyandry affords post-mating sexual selection in the mouths of cichlid females". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 63(n. 8), pp. 1219-1230 (crc03703) (摘要).
- Dijkstra, Peter D & E.M. van der Zee, T.G.G. Groothuis. 2008. "Territory quality affects female mate preference in a Lake Victoria cichlid fish". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 62(n. 5), pp. 747-755 (crc04869) (摘要).
- Dijkstra, Peter D & R. Hekman, R.W. Schulz, T.G.G. Groothuis. 2007. "Social stimulation, nuptial coloration, androgens, and immunocompetence in a sexual dimorphic cichlid fish". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 61(n. 4), pp. 599-609 (crc04867) (摘要).
- Dijkstra, Peter D & O. Seehausen, B.L.A. Gricar, M.E. Maan, T.G.G. Groothuis. 2006. "Can male-male competition stabilize speciation? A test in Lake Victoria haplochromine cichlid fish". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 59(n. 5), pp. 704-713 (crc04864) (摘要).
- Dijkstra, Peter D & O. Seehausen, T.G.G. Groothuis. 2005. "Direct male-male competition can facilitate invasion of new colour types in Lake Victoria cichlids". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 58(n. 2), pp. 136-143 (crc04865) (摘要).
- Kellogg, Karen A & J.R. Stauffer Jr, K.M. McKaye. 2000. "Characteristics that influence male reproductive success on a lek of Lethrinops c.f. parvidens (Teleostei: Cichlidae)". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 47(n. 3), pp. 164-170 (crc05240) (摘要).
- Martin, Elizabeth & M. Taborsky. 1997. "Alternative male mating tactics in a cichlid, Pelvicachromis pulcher: a comparison of reproductive effort and success". Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. v. 41(n. 5), pp. 311-319 (crc03762) (摘要).
Copyright 1996-2013 Juan Miguel Artigas Azas, All Rights Reserved