Please login to view the full profile. See this and all other species profiles, pictures and videos by becoming a subscriber of the Cichlid Room Companion. Become a subscriber and get a free book the same value of your membership!you can also open the full profile for everyone to see by sponsor this cichlid species and support the cichlid room companion. the total number of pictures available for this species is 4.
Chuco microphthalmus (Günther, 1862)
Original description as Heros microphthalmus:
- Günther, Albert C. L. G.. 1862. "Catalogue of the fishes in the British Museum. Catalogue of the Acanthopterygii, Pharyngognathi and Anacanthini in the collection of the British Museum". Catalogue of the fishes in the British Museum London. Vol 4; i-xxi + 1-534 (crc00035).
- Heros oblongus Günther, 1867, with type locality at Río Motagua, Guatemala. Determiner: Conkel, 1993.
- Cichlasoma guentheri Pellegrin, 1904, with type locality at Río Motagua, Nicaragua. Determiner: Conkel, 1993.
- Cichlasoma milleri Meek, 1907, with type locality at El Rancho, Guatemala. Determiner: Conkel, 1993.
- Cichlasoma caeruleogula Fowler, 1936, with type locality at Río Motagua tributaire, about 20 miles west of El Rancho, Guatemala. Determiner: Conkel, 1993.
Conservation: Chuco microphthalmus is not evaluated by the international union for the conservation of nature in the iucn red list of threatened species