Last updated on :
Please login to view the full profile. See this and all other species profiles, pictures and videos by becoming a subscriber of the Cichlid Room Companion. Become a subscriber and get a free book the same value of your membership!you can also open the full profile for everyone to see by sponsor this cichlid species and support the cichlid room companion. the total number of pictures available for this species is 5.
Serranochromis robustus (Günther, 1864)
Original description as Hemichromis robustus:
- Günther, Albert C. L. G.. 1864. "Report on a collection of reptiles and fishes made by Dr. Kirk in the Zambesi and Nyassa regions". Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. (pt 2); pp. 303-314 (crc00091).
- Paratilapia zambesensis Gilchrist & Thompson, 1917, with type locality at Zambezi River, South Africa. Determiner: Skelton, 1991.
- Pelmatochromis ngamensis Gilchrist & Thompson , 1917, with type locality at Lake Ngami District, South Africa. Determiner: Skelton, 1991.
- Pelmatochromis tanganyicae Borodin, 1931, with type locality at Lake Tanganyika at Ujiji, Kigoma, Tanzania. Determiner: Skelton, 1991.
- Serranochromis robustus jallae (Boulenger, 1896)
Conservation: Serranochromis robustus is evaluated by the international union for the conservation of nature in the iucn red list of threatened species as (LC) least concern (2009).