Its Etroplus canarensis (Spawn)

Discussion about Cichlids from Middle East or Asia

Its Etroplus canarensis (Spawn)

Postby kingfisher » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:48 am

Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself as Krishna Raju from a small town by name Villupuram in Southern India, basically a hobbyist and member of india's only online forum [url]Indianaquariumhobbyist.com[/url].
We as a team went to kumaradhara to collect these fishes by february. Trip report http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23190.
Unfortunately we could spot just a pair and not more and we left them untouched to improve their population.The reason may be they might have migrated or exploited fishing for export. But we got numerous other fishes which we never expected. Returned home sad hearted since the tank meant for them was sitting idle for 6+ months with just 5-6 mollies which went in to cycle the tank.
And to my surprise two of my friends were selling their colny and i grabbed them. They came in as 2 batches, 10+12=22no's.First batch of 12 were much younger than the second batch which were with my friend for more than a year. Finally all went into their own tank after quarantine and by 18th may, to my surprise thay spawned for the first time, which i never expected. And they were also gorged upon by the male itself because of excessive flashmade out of excitement. And till now had 12 sucessful spawn's out of which i could save 53fry from 2nd spawn and very very few from 9th and 10th spawn. Allthe other spawn were lost due to fungal or tank mates attack.

Here goes the pics.
The proud father saying get away from me or else

Moma and Papa

Second Spawn which was timely theft
kingfisher

Re: Its Etroplus canarensis (Spawn)

Postby kingfisher » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:14 am

Sorry for late update.
DAY 4

DAY 6

DAY 7

DAY 8