Need Help ID-ing These Fish

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

Need Help ID-ing These Fish

Postby notho2000 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:37 pm

I have three fish that I'm trying to identify. They were small(1-3") when I got them and was told that they were A. nourissati. It's pretty apparent that they are not that species, the large male looking more like a Paratheraps or Vieja (zonatus or guttulatus?). The large male(10") has a turquoise sheen and a bold horizontal black bar, and is deep bodied. The female (9") is more elongate and to me looks almost like a Parachromis. She has minimal turquoise spangling on the edges of the bar - nowhere else. No black speckles on the body at all The young male (?) is about 7" and shows little if any color other than a gold-beige base. Also no speckles or spangling. All have a faint orange-red edging on the vertical fins. I've included 4 pics, one of each fish and also a head shot of the younger male. Does anyone have any ideas on what species I might have here?
-Jim
IMG_2689a.jpg
IMG_3459c.jpg
IMG_3459c.jpg (40.77 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
IMG_3446b.jpg
IMG_3446b.jpg (48.8 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
IMG_3460d.jpg
IMG_3460d.jpg (43.67 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once"
-Albert Einstein
notho2000

Re: Need Help ID-ing These Fish

Postby notho2000 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:59 pm

This is the same thread that's already been posted and responded to.. There was a delay in getting it OK'd from the Administrator so I submitted it again.
-Jim
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once"
-Albert Einstein
notho2000

Return to General Cichlids