BROKEN TANK HELP!!!!!

This section deals with all aspects of the 'newbie' cichlid aquarist. For questions about tanks, water parameters, food, types of cichlids, and what other fish can be kept with them.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

BROKEN TANK HELP!!!!!

Postby rickisrad » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:50 pm

[b]Help I just had a 55 gallon tank full of my fish break. I need someone very caring to take the fish I saved asap. I have 1 large 12" common Pleco, 1 clown pleco, 1 ancestrius pleco, 1 8" long really skinny pleco, and 7 tetras and 2 small cory cats . I can not afford another tank and love these fish and would like them to go to a good home. Right now I have 15 fish in a SMALL 5 GALLON TANK TO TRY AND SAVE THEM.
*******edited******** Thanks for the help
Last edited by rickisrad on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rickisrad

Re: BROKEN TANK HELP!!!!!

Postby Lisachromis » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:37 am

I'll post this in the OCA section as well....
Lisachromis
Administrator

Postby PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:00 pm

go to your local pound shop (type thing, don't know if you have dollar shops over there...)

pick up a rubber-maid container, can easily get a 50g one, shouldn't be more than about $20 (if the prices are anything like the pound stores here) it'd make a fine temporary tank,

and keeping an eye on the local classifieds might get you another tank real cheap. otherwise have you considered fixing it (I just resealed a 100g 5 footer that had cracks in the base, I bought sheets of glass a tad smaller than the tank, and put them in, and silicone'd them in, leak test in 48 hours (found a slight leak, so plugged that,)
Live in the UK?
Interested In Cichlids??
Then join the British Cichlid Association
PsYcHoTiC_MaDmAn

Postby rickisrad » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Thanks, I was able to get a hold of a 47 gallon tank combo for under 200 dollars at a local corner pet shop. Holy crap did this make a mess when it broke, it was like something you see in the movies. I only lost 2 tetras so considering the circumstances, I can definately deal with that. The fish were ok in the 5 gallon for the time being. My common Pleco was a little upset at the cramped living quarters :( Thanks for the ideas
rickisrad

Return to For Beginners