A Pair of Paretroplus menarambo

Discussion about cichlids from Madagascar and India
Jim Cumming

A Pair of Paretroplus menarambo

Post by Jim Cumming » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Here are a few pictures of my Pinstripe Damba adult pair. The male is ~11" and the female ~10" and they are three years old. They have been keeping very close to one another over the last few days, and are courting and showing breeding coloration.
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein

Jim Cumming

Re: A Pair of Paretroplus menarambo

Post by Jim Cumming » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:38 pm

I took some video of the pair last night as well. Here they are, doing some displaying.
http://youtu.be/SODBpJDwIhg
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".
- Albert Einstein

Jim Cumming

Post by Jim Cumming » Tue May 13, 2014 9:49 pm

I was greeted by a beautiful sight this evening ... the Pinstripe damba spawning. This species is very acrobatic when going through the motions and are not confounded by unusual surface orientations. In this photo, they are in the final stages of egg laying. It looks as if there are over 400 eggs, a large spawn from large fish. They have been at it for about 3 hours now and they're running out of room on the driftwood. They might just move over to the nearby rock. Actually, it looked as if the rock was going to be their choice, since they spent some time cleaning it. So I quickly cleaned the back glass. Well, after putting a few eggs down on the rock, the female made a switch and moved to the driftwood, which gave me a perfect view of the proceedings. I took about 10 minutes of video and some stills. Here are a couple of shots
Slide2.JPG
P. menarabo spawning May 13 2014.jpg
- Albert Einstein

Jim Cumming

Post by Jim Cumming » Wed May 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Here are another couple of pictures.
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
- Albert Einstein

swappa31

Post by swappa31 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:02 am

Wow this is amazing

Return to “Madagascar Cichlids”