Disaster in the Cichlidarium continues

By Willem Heijns
Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Disaster in the Cichlidarium continues

Post by Dan Woodland » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:27 am

Good news Willem, I was beginning to flinch when I saw a Cichlidarium post! :lol:

Congrats on getting everything back to normal.

How are the Weselli and Chuco doing? It's been a year since they flew over the pond...

Willem Heijns
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Willem Heijns » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:21 pm

as if they'd never left. these big guys will start eating straight away. my food bill is on the rise again.

@ Woody: the wesseli are doing fine albeit not growing very fast. I've got seven left and, as stated earlier, I suspect most if not all of them to be females. further reports in "amarillo and company".
as for the microphthalmus I was less lucky. I've got only two left, presumably males. they haven't grown much (3-4").
Slàinte mhath!

Uilleam

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm

I hate when that happens, I'll have to get you more C. micropthalmus when you visit the states again. Many many fry were distributed here this fall so a good size female might be had by the time you return.

For me, the C. micropthalmus grew fast until they hit the 3-4 inch size.

I started with 4 inch wild T. wesseli so I can't testify to their growth rates to adulthood. The fry did grow very fast up to the size you obtained while here last year. We'll have to track down a male for you.

Return to “Cichlidarium”