It is now one week past the crash. I would like to thank all people who have responded here and elsewhere for their support and understanding. Some of you seem to think that I will be quitting the scene altogether. Sensing this I came to realize that my involvement in this great hobby is much more than just keeping cichlids. Here's a list:
1. reading and learning about cichlids
2. writing and publishing articles about cichlids
3. participating in discussions on this and other fora about cichlids
4. making and editing of video's about cichlids
5. producing DVD's about cichlids
6. giving talks about cichlids
7. running a club of cichlid-keepers in the Netherlands (the NVC).
Keeping cichlids is/was only a small part of my hobby experience (if measured in time spent). And as far as the "outside world" is concerned only #2 to #7 ever reach the public. And those will not really change.
To be specific:
@Lee: never say never, but I don't want to think about it now.
@Philippe: thank you for your support and the compliment; it certainly helps.
@Klaus: I will never be a stranger to you my friend.
@Matt: thanks for your compassion.
@Mark: not to worry, you'll hear from me for years and years and years.....
@Florent: I am past the need for technical advice. Sorry.
@Bas: Saying that your tank is now standing for 7 years doesn't help at all; spare me this type of response.
@Sean: you might be right. Anything in particular you'd like to see on DVD?