SOS no one helping me

This section deals with all aspects of the 'newbie' cichlid aquarist. For questions about tanks, water parameters, food, types of cichlids, and what other fish can be kept with them.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

candidpets

SOS no one helping me

Post by candidpets » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:49 pm

OK my fish are getting this fungus ? the one in the ponds

I notice it on the snout of my garpike

Now noticing the scales turning grey

THe goldifish (FEEDERS Only no i do not put them in for fun) all itchy

i put in a 100 minnows last night *(U KNOW WHY I DID THIS) and they all died i mean every single one

Now i turned up the heat and started adding huge amounts of salt my dragon fish is dying now

My jewel cichlid has funges on her eye white

The temp is over 80 and full of salt

I dont get it not a single person really helped so lets just watch them all die i guess

Lisachromis
Administrator

Re: SOS no one helping me

Post by Lisachromis » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:54 am

A couple of things...

Do not feed fish when they are not feeling the best. They won't eat their food and that will make your water worse. Your best bet for any help for your fish is water changes. Do lots of water changes. When in doubt, a water change is your best bet.

This may have come in on the feeder fish. Feeder fish are kept in dirty conditions. If your fish get better I would seriously consider finding another way to feed your fish other than feeder fish.

blackghost

Post by blackghost » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:23 am

You need to check your water, it sounds like a water issue to me. And then, probably, big water changes, and stop adding salt, it isn't helping. Does the pond have a cycled filter?
Mark Wright

Martinjuan

Post by Martinjuan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:20 pm

blackghost wrote:You need to check your water, it sounds like a water issue to me. And then, probably, big water changes, and stop adding salt, it isn't helping. Does the pond have a cycled filter?
Hello there,
I'm a newbie and I guess my problem must be the water... I see your advises to change it, so that's exactly want I'm going to do!
Hope it works, thanks :)

Return to “For Beginners”