New on the block....

This section deals with all aspects of the 'newbie' cichlid aquarist. For questions about tanks, water parameters, food, types of cichlids, and what other fish can be kept with them.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

mickeyblue42

New on the block....

Post by mickeyblue42 » Sun May 25, 2014 11:13 am

Hi All

I am based in Gaborone , Botswana.

I inherited a tank from my late father so I would like to keep it and make it work.

It is approximately 45 gallons. appox 95cm across. It has come with a brand new eheim 350 classic filter. Think thats the 2215 from what I have read?

I have yet to setup any lighting although I have old flourescent stuff that it came with. Dont want to do any plants.

I am hoping to stock it with mbuna's. I believe these will work on this size setup. Pseudotropheus saulosi is one fish that stands out.

Hoping to be able to put about 6-10 fish in the tank. Should I be shooting for all males? I dont want to breed or anything. Just looking for some colourful,striking fish.

Please give me some advice or send me in the right direction. Thanks for all help :)

deeda

Re: New on the block....

Post by deeda » Tue May 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi and Welcome to the forum!!!

What are the other dimensions of your tank?

Yes the new Eheim 350 is the the old 2215.

I'll wait for someone else to chime in on the P. saulosi, I've never kept them but I think they are appropriate for that size tank.
Dee

OCA member thru 11/2017

mickeyblue42

Re: New on the block....

Post by mickeyblue42 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:37 am

Sorry I have been away

The dimensions are 90 (l) x 47 (b) x 50 (h) all centimeters

I have a photo just trying to work out how to upload it ..

Return to “For Beginners”