New to TCRC and a Newbie to Cichlids

This section deals with all aspects of the 'newbie' cichlid aquarist. For questions about tanks, water parameters, food, types of cichlids, and what other fish can be kept with them.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

New to TCRC and a Newbie to Cichlids

Postby Dagman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:42 am

I have a 200 liter heavily planted, community tank with 4 adult and 10 immature Mollies, 10 Neon tetras, ancistrus, siamese algae eater and another algae eater and a beautiful Kribensis, who I believe is a male. He has been king of the tank for several months. He is the only survivor of a foursome that I bought in the fall. The other three, along with 9 of 10 previous neons and an entire troupe of fell victim to a plague brought on by low kH conditions (I have Amazonian substrate that consumes carbonates--that, thankfully has stabilized). Anyhow, I bought two smaller, "drab" Krib's and brought them into my tank. One has suddenly shown color and paired up with the larger Krib and the other is hiding most of the time from the two of them. I have posted a detailed description of the remarkable behavior and color development in the Cichlid behavior forum, and hope to frequently check into the "Cichlid Room Companion" site. Thanks for being here! BTW: Can I post a picture of my fish?
Dagman

Re: New to TCRC and a Newbie to Cichlids

Postby Lisachromis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Welcome to the forum! We love seeing pictures of fish, so go right ahead. :)
Lisachromis
Administrator

Return to For Beginners