Enantiopus kilesa DSLR Pics

A place to discuss the wonderful assemblage of lake Tanganyika cichlids from the tribe Ectodini, like Callochromis, Xenotilapia, Enantiopus, Cyathopharynx and Ophthalmotilapia!

Moderator: Thomas Andersen

Razzo

Enantiopus kilesa DSLR Pics

Post by Razzo » Tue May 17, 2011 4:46 pm

Hey Guys,

My daughter just got back from college and she brought my new DSLR home. She needed it for a photography class and now I am hoping she will teach me how to us it. In any event, here are a few pics since Sunday. Hope you like them :D

My largest male had been the only male displaying and digging pits and building sand castles; however, recently, the next largest male has been coloring up and doing all the constuction. It's as if the big male just gave up to the younger male. In any event, the displaying male is the 2nd largest male in my tank.

Enantiopus kilesa

Russ

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Enantiopus kilesa DSLR Pics

Post by Dan Woodland » Tue May 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Great shots Russ. I'd like to know what settings you used, I can never get photos of these types right.

vmahaffe

Post by vmahaffe » Tue May 17, 2011 8:08 pm

Nice pictures as always Russ. Hoping to be getting some adults this weekend.

Piotr Koba
CRC contributor

Post by Piotr Koba » Wed May 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Dan, just download EXIF viewer (or stuff like that) for your web browser so you can quickly get to know about settings. :)

BTW, nice pics. They look pretty with that kind of lighting (not all of such "glittering" fish do).
Cheers
Piotr

Razzo

Post by Razzo » Fri May 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Dan Woodland wrote:Great shots Russ. I'd like to know what settings you used, I can never get photos of these types right.
Dan, sorry, I am such a newbee with the DSLR that I am not sure what those settings were. I'll pay more attention next time.

Btw: thank you.

Russ

Razzo

Post by Razzo » Fri May 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Piotr Koba wrote:Dan, just download EXIF viewer (or stuff like that) for your web browser so you can quickly get to know about settings. :)

BTW, nice pics. They look pretty with that kind of lighting (not all of such "glittering" fish do).

No lighting on the tank, just ambient room lights and the flash on the camera.

Return to “Lake Tanganyika Sand-dwellers and Featherfins”