Bet you don't stick your hands in there too often.
I've kept electric cats for a about the last 25 years. They are my preferred culling fish. I've had my present one for 8 years now. It's now easily a foot (30 cm) long. I put my hands in its tank whenever I need to clean algae off of the glass. It doesn't seem to care and I've never been shocked by this fish. I don't try to grab it, however.
Other than culled fish, it lives (most of the time) happily on pellets.
I've only been shocked by an electric cat once. I had an 8"/20 cm specimen that was more of a pet. I could hand feed him. The kids on the block always wanted to feed it. It would stick its head out of the water up to its eyes and open its mouth wide for food. The kids would drop pellets/tubifex cubes in and watch them disappear. I stopped letting the kids do this when once I threw some tubifex cubes in its tank while feeding the other fish. When I came back to its tank, it was playing water polo with a particularly large cube that it couldn't get its mouth around. I decided to help. I pushed it down its open mouth. At the same time the cat grabbed the cube and part of my finger! He was shocked (surprised) to find my finger in his mouth. I was shocked when he was shocked!
It felt like a shock from a 120V electric outlet.