Very Odd Behaviour, Grouping?

Discussion on general cichlid care and issues. ID cichlids you don't know the origin of. Mixed tank questions.

Moderators: Troy, Ken Boorman

Very Odd Behaviour, Grouping?

Postby playitloud » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:12 pm

:?:

You're all going to have to help me out with this one. I have 11 cichlids in a well-maintained tank. I am new to the whole fish world, but I am trying really hard to take good care of my new guys :) they range from 2" to 4", but I don't think that matters much because they have been doing the strangest thing for the past week.

They've been in this tank for a good year and a half, if not more, and they've never acted like this. About 6 or 7 of them drift into a corner (bottom left corner) and press their faces into the corner, pressing their bodies together gently and slowly. And then they sit there, just gently laying on their stomachs barely moving. This is the first time I've seen them happily together, they used to fight over territory. They eat happily and come to the front of the tank when I approach. It is just SO strange because they do it ALL day.
Any help? I'm not even certain what breed they are as I got them from a friend who was "getting out of fish".

Thank you, and sorry for the novel! :lol:
xoxo Dawni xoxo
playitloud

Return to General Cichlids