Species Profile Section

Recommendations for the Cichlid Room Companion home page or error reporting
Norbert

Species Profile Section

Post by Norbert » Mon May 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Hello,

Perhaps there is a section for this and I just have not found it yet, (if so it should jump out at you more :D) but if not I would like to suggest you start a species profile section it could contain, photos, where the fish is from, size, diet, water parameters, sexing, breeding etc basically all the questions that get asked in the general forums over and over. Most of these things can be found in the general sections but it takes quite abit of looking sometimes.

Thanks,

Paul

Mike Wise
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Species Profile Section

Post by Mike Wise » Mon May 26, 2008 4:40 pm

It is there under "Catalogue" Most right now are just photos at best. This is because so few want to take the time to write a profile on a species they know. I am the new curator for the genus Apistogramma & have made some profiles. Check 'Apistogramma macmasteri' as an example of what I've done. This took an hour or 2, since I knew where to get the information. Now, if only others would do the same.

Norbert

Post by Norbert » Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 pm

Thank you for the reply. I had found that section but the fish I had looked at had alot of info on synonyms, date discovered etc. and not much else. I read the profile you did on A. macmasteri and that is the type of profile I was looking for, one with info that is useful to a hobbyist. I'm looking forward to finding more finished profiles as they are completed, it seems like a huge task.

Good Luck,

Paul

Alex Calder

Post by Alex Calder » Tue May 27, 2008 3:27 am

It is an incredible work load to under take, my hat is off to all who contribute.

Hudson Ensz

Post by Hudson Ensz » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:20 pm

if i was more experienced i would love to write some articles :( never bred a cichlid so i wouldnt have a chance...
Please visit my cichlid blog at passionate4pikes.wordpress.com
Tanks, 16gal, 8gal, 35gal, 200gal pond, T. candidi hospital tank 1 gal.
A. sp. abacaxi, A. agassizii, A. gibbiceps (2 strains), A. pertensis(?), A. pacisquamis, A. sp, A. hippolytae.

Juan Artigas
Administrator

Post by Juan Artigas » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:06 pm

You can find out the availoable profiles here:

http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/profiles.php

They increase every day in number and yes, it represents an incredible amount of effort and knowledge to fill them up. Work on them is done everyday; being profile filling, pictures, determinations, references or coding every single passing day.
Juan Miguel Artigas
Editor

The Cichlid Room Companion
http://www.cichlidae.info

Return to “Suggestions”