Newish look just like the others?

Recommendations for the Cichlid Room Companion home page or error reporting
James Shingler

Newish look just like the others?

Post by James Shingler » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:18 pm

I hate the (new) look it had class and a gravatas before as fitted the posters here I think.
Please go back to sub silver or whatever it was.

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Newish look just like the others?

Post by Dan Woodland » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:21 pm

I also liked the "Black Version". Dan

Philippe Burnel
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Philippe Burnel » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:47 am

I'm not "at home" in this new forum... please Juan Miguel.... give us the old version...

Marko Lenac

Post by Marko Lenac » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:58 pm

hehe. i agree. the black had that touch of class. i like all the new features, but the white is killing me. 8)

Colby Dixon

Post by Colby Dixon » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:13 pm

I also can not stand the current skin. Can we get someone with some programing knowledge to either skin this thing, or go tweak with the stock skin? Are we talking about anything more complicated than a CSS style sheet here?

I mean Shoot...at least get rid of the big add for phpBB in the header and get a real header thrown on...

Also, a link back to the Cichlid Room Companion site itself might be nice...
I'm not an aquatic biologist...I just play one on the internet.
-CD-AKA-Seedy

Colby Dixon

Post by Colby Dixon » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:18 pm

Seedy wrote: I mean Shoot...at least get rid of the big add for phpBB in the header
Wow...that was fast... :)
I'm not an aquatic biologist...I just play one on the internet.
-CD-AKA-Seedy

Troy

Post by Troy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:22 am

I also like all the new features :D , But would like black skin back :wink:
If it was so,it might be;and if it were so,it would be;but as it isn't,it ain't.That's logic.Tweedledee.Image

Juan Artigas
Administrator

Post by Juan Artigas » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:38 pm

Thanks so much for your comments. They are very well received as I was never sure the black format was appreciated at all, so I am very glad it actually is!!! Well, this new format brings more stability and over all, security features. Our hard working administrators Lisa and Ken were erasing three or four spammers a day lately and with this new version they have a life again, thay are in Australia on vacations right now in fact! Now, I hate the format as well, but I have had trouble getting back to black. I yet don’t understand the new coding and it goes beyond a CCS file. Although it is stated it would be much easier to change style, but some thigs just dont work as I expected. There are not predetermined styles available yet and I have also been quite busy with work, but I promise I will dig deep into it and bring back the beloved black format as soon as possible.
Juan Miguel Artigas
Editor

The Cichlid Room Companion
http://www.cichlidae.info

Alex Calder

Post by Alex Calder » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:12 am

This is the current version of sub silver for phpbb3, which is currently RC5 aka release candidate 5.
While a long way through the beta testing process it is still a beta. None of the completed skins
have been approved yet as the build team can not guarantee that there will not be further changes
which would require fixing the skin.

I run my own forum based on phpbb2 and have recently begun a massive overhaul to both the skin
and the underlying code, the amount of work required to properly skin a forum is significant.
The best case scenario is only having to modify the style sheet, however a lot of times one ends
up having to recreate all of the little Icons and buttons due to issues at the edges.

The memories of my last skinning, which Colby can tell you did not look too great, drove me to
rewrite a significant portion of the template system in an effort to eliminate images. While I am
unfamiliar with the skill sets of any of the administrators here I do know that being able to hack
a forum is much harder than most people think.

Rather than getting on the staff to fix that which may be out of their capabilities for the time
being why not try to find a way to fix it oneself?
I am not sure what browser or platform everyone here uses, however there are two browsers
with the ability to override a web sites style. Opera has the functionality built in and Firefox
has an extensive library of extensions.

James Shingler

Post by James Shingler » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:09 pm

Well time has passed and I am kind of getting used to this format. I would still like the old look as a choice but mellowing to the "new" look with time. :shock: :lol:

Lisachromis
Administrator

Post by Lisachromis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:56 am

When the latest version of the forum gets past beta testing, Juan has plans of making a black background.

Michael Kwist

Post by Michael Kwist » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:10 am

See here http://www.phpbb3styles.eu enough styles for the phpbb3 software i have also a board and fully pimped :D 8)
Greetings Michael.

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:06 pm

michael wrote:See here http://www.phpbb3styles.eu enough styles for the phpbb3 software i have also a board and fully pimped :D 8)
Oh baby, I'm lovin the EID... version, not! I can't wait until this forum goes back to being unlike all the rest.

Michael Kwist

Post by Michael Kwist » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:09 pm

Dan Woodland wrote:
michael wrote:See here http://www.phpbb3styles.eu enough styles for the phpbb3 software i have also a board and fully pimped :D 8)
Oh baby, I'm lovin the EID... version, not! I can't wait until this forum goes back to being unlike all the rest.
The EID version is bad :shock: I have semioutlined on my board and a darktheme so the members have a choice with theme they want ;)
Greetings Michael.

Return to “Suggestions”