Discussion about tank equipment (lights, heaters, etc.) & books. Also DIY projects.
Moderator: Ken Boorman
Hi my name is Cris I'm trying to have like 40 small tanks in my basement like 10 g. each and I don't now how to star with the pipe system, please if any one can help me with this to make it effective and simple thanks a lot (i don't now if it is better to use acrylic or glass for the tanks)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:52 pm
I am surprised no one has answered this. There are many ways to do this.
1) You can drill tanks and have overflows with a separate system for return of water and filling with fresh. This is using a sump or large canister filters. You are talking about a large setup. Complicated plumbing. You can do it all with PVC.
2) You can set up overflows as self leveling siphons that drain as you fill. Search for that term.
3) the best way to do 40 tanks would be sponge filters. The problem with a shared filter is you can crash the whole system if you get a disease. Sponge filters are cheap and you can get one pump to run whole system. I like hydro sponges and even better is a Poret filter. Search for teds fish room and watch his videos about fish room. He uses a really cool sponge filter at end of tank.
If you keep filtration separate you can still setup central system to change water. Again Teds Fish Room has video.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:09 pm
Return to Equipment, Supplies, Books and DIY
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest