reasons for a fish room?

Discussion about tank equipment (lights, heaters, etc.) & books. Also DIY projects.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

reasons for a fish room?

Postby awilson0001 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:04 pm

i am not saying a fish room is wrong, cause i do not think that at all!
and maybe this is the wrong section for this topic. if so, feel free to move my topic :lol:

i am not new to fish keeping, but i am new to the idea of a fish room. so i was just wondering what all reasons there are for fish rooms.

1)reason i am asking is because i see pictures online of fish rooms and all of them look like lfs's kind of. is it mostly for raising and breeding?
2)i would like a fish room but i was thinking of a display room, where the plumbing and such would be more hid. is this not what a fish room is?
3)on the subject of a display room, has anyone ever tried a fish run? by this a mean a long self made tank? like a man made river so to speak. that is my plan anyway, along with my normal tanks.
4)for anyone that has a fish room thats more for show, is it set up differently than those i have seen with all the plumbing everywhere? i am curious.

more questions to follow i am sure. thanks for responding.
oh as for now, i only have a 125, 75, 2x55, 60hex, and a 29 high, not all in one room. can a fish room be that few of tanks?
awilson0001

Re: reasons for a fish room?

Postby Alleycat » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:20 pm

Reason's are endless...
Easier to heat a room, than have a heater in every tank, and not to mention CHEAPER !!
Easier to do waterchanges ...
Easier to move to fish from one tank to another.

There's my top three....
Alleycat

Postby Bas Pels » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:44 am

if you have 1 tank in a room, it's not a fishroom. But than there is room for more.

More gets more and more, and after a (short) while the room is packed with tanks. Thus a fish room, and it's time to move on to improve another room :)

So what is the reason for having a fishroom? You are not started making a second :lol:
Bas Pels

Postby Mike Wise » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:15 pm

On a cold winter day, there is nothing better than sitting in an 80°F/27°C room, watching your fish interact with each other!
Mike Wise
CichlidRoom Expert

Postby Klaus Steinhaus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

My home office, my hidaway, the best room in the house. nuff said............. :D

Klaus Steinhaus

Postby Dan Woodland » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Great looking joint Klaus!
Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Postby awilson0001 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

yah! thats what i think is a fish room to enjoy. great job.
so a fish room is what i make of it, be it a bunch of tanks with plumbing everywhere or well hidden, it is all in the person and what they want... either way, it is a fish room.
me like!
i wanna see more! :D
awilson0001

Return to Equipment, Supplies, Books and DIY