Air Pump Recommendation

Discussion about tank equipment (lights, heaters, etc.) & books. Also DIY projects.

Moderator: Ken Boorman

Rich Kastor

Air Pump Recommendation

Post by Rich Kastor » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 am

My Christmas wish list is to have a new single air pump to operate 4 sponge filters in 4 tanks. This would take me from 4 pumps down to 1. I would also like to have the ability to add more tanks/filters in the future. Current tank sizes are 75,75,75 and 20 and an estimated 20 feet of air line (if this matters). One concern for the new pump is operating noise. All my tanks are in my basement and sit directly below my living room. I've done some research and as with many things there are so many to choose. Please chime in with your opinions. Thank you.

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Re: Air Pump Recommendation

Post by Dan Woodland » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Sounds like a linear are pump would do it. As you already stated I would over buy for possible future growth.

Aquatic Eco systems has a full line.

Rich Kastor

Post by Rich Kastor » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:31 am

I have not made a final decision yet. I am leaning towards the ecoplus commercial air 3. Anyone have experience with this pump or line of pumps? The specs are : ECOPLUS COMMERCIAL AIR 3:
This unit operates on 35.0 watts of electricity per hour. With 65 liters per minute total output at 3.9 PSI per outlet. Comes with 6 outlet plastic manifold that uses standard airline tubing.

mummymonkey

Post by mummymonkey » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:40 am

I'm almost certain that would fail your noise test.
Graham Ramsay
Fair City Aquarist Society

http://www.faircityaquaristsociety.co.uk

Gordon C. Snelling

Post by Gordon C. Snelling » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:44 am

Pumps of that design are generally very noisy. I have a coral life super luft pump and while it puts out good quantities of air it is tremendously loud most of the time. I would not recommend the coral life due to the noise and the apparent fact that there are no repair parts available. seems as if they have abandoned this and other pumps in their lineup.

Dan Woodland
CichlidRoom Expert

Post by Dan Woodland » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:33 pm

This is the style pump I bought. Extremely quiet just like it says and I have an air line running over 20 feet into another room with no ill affects on it's pumping power. I bought the smallest pump because I had only planned fir 20 outlets (9 tanks with 2 each).http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories ... r%20pump/0

siregar

Post by siregar » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Guys, may I suggest a submersible pump for you? Cause when I used this Apollo Submersible Pump, it's really effective to maximize dissolved oxygen in my cage culture

Apollo Submersible pump is specifically design to fully submerged in the water. Submersible pump is very efficient. It won’t cause vapor from liquid and is a silent pump, waterproof and won’t leak or cause electrical damage internally.

http://www.isw.co.id/submersible-pump-eng

lohachata

Post by lohachata » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:38 am

i have been using Danner Supreme Pondmaster for years.my favorite pumps.currently using an AP 100 and running about 100 or so drops ,but we have cut back recently from 150 drops.they are quite efficient and an AP 20 would only use just over 20 watts.very quiet pumps and they provide a good deal of pressure to handle deeper tanks..i think the AP 20 or AP 40 would work well for you..

Return to “Equipment, Supplies, Books and DIY”