I have tried to post multiple times but each time it has been foiled one way or another.
Any way its been a long time since I posted and I am sorry.
At the moment it is apisto season and I have been collecting tons of apistogrammas. Right now I have 6 species, two unidentified and bitaeniata, agassizi, hippolytae, And my favorite of all pertensis. My main targets are gibbiceps and paucisquamis they are my favorites of any apisto I have ever had but it is not looking too good. A new friend says he can probably get me borrelli (sp) cacautuoides and trifasciatus, I hope he can!!!
Anyway my tanks are super overstocked at the moment but I am trying my best to get rid of excess bitaeniatas and a certain unidentified cichlid. I got seven bitaeniatas hoping for a pair but ALL of them were males!!!
My main question, other then IDing the apistos is: What is the bare minimum tank size for 1 male apisto? I am really interested in having species only tanks but I need to know the answer first. I am getting a new tank, at least 75cm (or 30 inches) and I want to put about 2 dividers in there, each for one or possibly two fish. Is that enough room? I saw a dirty 20 gallon tall tank for 40 dollars more or less. With no filtration, just built in shelves and gravel I might get it but I don’t like the dimensions at all.
Sorry for the terrible pictures but hopefully you can help ID…
- Another pic of the unidentified fish
- Cópia de IMG_8074.JPG (25.5 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
- Not sure if theis is a female or not...
- Cópia de IMG_8049.JPG (21.93 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
- Another unidentified fish.
- Cópia de IMG_8046.JPG (25.46 KiB) Viewed 1434 times
- Another shot...
- Cópia (2) de IMG_8896.JPG (19.89 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
- Unidentified apisto please help ID
- Cópia (2) de IMG_8842.JPG (20.24 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Please visit my cichlid blog at passionate4pikes.wordpress.com
Tanks, 16gal, 8gal, 35gal, 200gal pond, T. candidi hospital tank 1 gal.
A. sp. abacaxi, A. agassizii, A. gibbiceps (2 strains), A. pertensis(?), A. pacisquamis, A. sp, A. hippolytae.