Now that my winter project is completed Fish room phase III has begun.
I took the winter to rebuild/remodel my 1989 Mazda pick-up, a frame on restore I guess it could be considered.
I removed the dash, A/C evaporator, heater box and all the fixings to clear up an issue with the air handling.
I removed 20 mud dauber nests from various places including one that completely blocked the passenger side air duct - see the ridged nest below.
Along the way I replaced all seals, cleaned everything to within an inch of it's life and freshed up what I could including things like the vent louvers that broken during the previous owners tenure. I also removed anything rusted, cleaned it and painted it with Rustoleum.
I also took apart the blower assembly, heater box and controls, and wiring harness replacing anything in need of replacement.
I also rebuilt the Transmission linkage and painted that as well.
I completed upgrades like chrome handles, new door locks, wheels and more... all "upgrades" are from Junk Yard excursions pilfering parts from other "dead" trucks!!
One rebuilt Engine with a new carburetor and exhaust headers!!!
A new set of high power horns...
A neat upgrade to give me on wiper washers...
and the final product, a brand new 1989 pickum up truck.Back to the fish....
I don't like the tanks sticking out into the room because I miss being able to sit on a comfortable chair and see all my fish from one seating position and taking photos has been compromised because of reduced floor space between the faces of tank racks. I'm going to move two of the stands back against the wall, sell off two large tanks, and move the 180 from my office into the fish room. This will give me five 180s, four 100s, a 150 and ten 10s. I may also set up the 40 breeders again and may even add a third tier to that stand.
More to come in the coming days....